2013 Summer Conference
July 21-24, 2013
Learning Forward's Summer Conference is the premier learning opportunity for school-based professional learning leaders and the administrators who support them.
Learning Forward's 2013 Summer Conference is about inspiring, informing, and helping teacher leaders and administrators provide the most powerful forms of professional learning to all teachers with whom they work. Select from over 150 breakout sessions that address these important issues for school leaders:
- Implementing Common Core State Standards for teachers, principals, and central office.
- District support for centralized professional development.
- Using formative assessment data to make instructional decisions.
- Technology resources to improve teacher observations and classroom instruction.
- Auditing professional development spending and resource allocation.
- Technology resources to motivate student learners.
- Teacher evaluation: use of rubrics, training, evaluators, etc.
Sessions are led by practitioners — principals and teacher leaders — who are making significant improvements in schools. Learn from colleagues who will share their accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned. Experience learning and networking that will transform teaching and leadership practices into those that impact student achievement.
This year's keynote speakers include:
- Jim Knight, a research associate at the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning and president of the Instructional Coaching Group
- Michelle Shearer, the 61st National Teacher of the Year
- Yvette Jackson, chief executive officer of the National Urban Alliance for Effective Education
- Jaime Casap, senior education evangelist at Google
- Anthony Muhammad, consultant and author of The Will to Lead and the Skill to Teach: Transforming Schools at Every Level (Solution Tree, 2011)
We are excited to offer the opportunity for conference attendees to earn Continuing Education Units through St. Mary's College of California. Ten hours of instruction equals one CEU. The cost for one CEU is $50. To learn more or register, please click here.